Introduction to SUP
So you you know that SUP is for you, and you want to master the basics!
Our two and half hour Introduction to SUP is designed to help you master the basics, be water safe and then we put it all together with a mini tour.
Our goal is for you to develop your water competence and confidence in this session.
Price: £45 per person
When: Tues & Thurs 5:30 pm
Sat & Sun 10:30 am
Duration: 2.5 hours
Meeting Point: Riverside, Richmond (The bottom of Water Lane, opposite The White Cross Pub)
Booking: Select your chosen time and date and below. If we don't have a session planned at a time that suits you, get in touch and we'll endeavour to find a time that does.
- Instruction from our passionate and qualified SUP guides
- Paddle Board, Paddle, Leash and Buoyancy Aid
- Water safety briefing
- Basic paddling techniques - forward, backwards and turning
- Paddling kneeling down
- Paddling Standing up
- Self rescue techniques (prone paddling)
- Fun on the water
What to bring
- Your sense of adventure.
- As many friends as possible.
- Appropriate clothing for on the water (based on forecast weather conditions).
- Footwear to wear when getting on/ off the water (water shoes, flip-flops or an old pair of trainers)
- A change of clothes for after the session.
- Water to drink, in a refillable water bottle.
- Sunscreen & hat (We're always optimistic).
- Minimum Age 18, this session is Adults only, for under 18s please contact us to book a family session.
- You must be able to swim 50 meters clothed (If you can't but would still like to SUP, get in touch and we can discuss our SUP options for non swimmers).
- If pregnant - your doctors prior consent to participate.